Nellie"s Needles

Sunday, March 04, 2012

Scraps, Scraps, Scraps

I'm pleased to be the recipient of quite a few scrap bags from my quilting friends. As you've seen in previous posts, I like to stitch those colorful bits together.
I delight in how these pieces that are considered too small to be useful go together. I keep combining pieces and sections until I can cut blocks. Here I'm working on 8" ones for a cuddle quilt and pieced  4 1/2" corner squares for it.
All twenty-five 8" blocks and sixteen 4 1/2" corner blocks are finished. I also cut forty 8" sashing pieces plus a 4" border from the black fabric with the tiny irregular white dots.
The binding is cut from the black fabric with the lime green dots. The big white polka dotted black fabric will surround the cut 24" square of the red with large colorful circles for the back of the quilt.

I'd really like to get these parts together to create the delightful quilt I see in my minds eye. However, there are other projects with deadlines that take priority. Soooo....all these pieces are packed up in a "kit" until I can do so.





4 comments:

June Calender said...

That's going to be one happy wake-up-and-dance kind of quilt. I hope you'll be able to get back to it before too, too long.

Heather said...

What fun you have had making those blocks Nellie, and lots more to come when you have time to put them all together. It's going to be a lovely zingy quilt.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing the process! I love the idea of putting "the kit" away until later rather than calling it a UFO.
Now what did I do with all of those tiny pieces?

writing jobs at home said...

Wow!!! So cool!