Nellie"s Needles

Sunday, June 05, 2011

First Added Purse

The purse quilts that I made previously were the result of "playing" with my friend, Alicia. Initially I had planned to make envelope style evening bags to add to this shoe quilt while she played.

Imelda's Dream - 70"x 70"
I was envious until I gave myself permission to play, too. That letting loose to make those 6 previous purses with no limitations got me in the groove to more easily create ones to co-ordinate with the shoes in my quilt.

 I suspect these may have ended up matched to a particular pair of shoes without my experience in making the others.  I like that each purse will go with other shoes in the quilt besides the one with which it's displayed.



To read about this shoe block go here.

The other purses for this quilt will be revealed throughout this next week.

4 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

This is going to be really fun!

Heather said...

What a fun quilt Nellie - just right for the woman who loves to shop!

Christine said...

Je craque pour les chaussures, alors je trouve géniale cette courtepointe,

McIrish Annie said...

yeah! shoes and purses!! can't wait to see what you add. this is going to be fabulous