Nellie"s Needles

Monday, December 13, 2010

Big Mess of Yarn

I couldn't resist stitching the silk sari yarns onto the rest of this piece.

Untitled - 12"x 18"
That's a lot of looped yarn.  Now to decide how much of it will stay ... how many will get knotted ... whether all the loops get cut  It will stay pinned to my design board until I get back from up north after the holidays.

Seeing it up there now, I think it may benefit by having a border to frame all that wildness.  I look forward to the adventure of taking this one to completion.

9 comments:

Julie said...

I kind of like it the way it is!

Thanks for sharing your processes on these - they're so much fun.

Kay said...

I can imagine playing with this for a long time!

Have a safe trip. Take the warm clothes.

Heather said...

So many possibilities Nellie - but it is lovely just as it is.

Deb Lacativa said...

Have you felt what happens once this kind of sari yarn is washed? It goes from jute course to velvet soft but it bleeds color too..beware.

Helena said...

What a wonderful work!!!

Joyce said...

It already looks amazing!

Teodo said...

A new great piece of creativity.
Merry Christmas Nellie.
ciao ciao

Sue Spurlock said...

I've been hyperfocused in my little world...then these new entries of yours showed up. Your playful "messes" and scraps and yarns are great...reminds me of quote, "out of chaos comes a dancing star"...love it!

KathyE said...

Wow! I love these. I have upholstery sample books that I was about to throw out. You've given new meaning to them. Thanks for the inspiration.