Nellie"s Needles

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

ArtPrize ... and the Fun Is Over

This year 1,715 artists from 21 countries exhibited.  450,000 votes by 31,014 registered voters were cast over a two week period.  I'm pleased that my entry, "The Lake", exhibited at DeVos Place got a lot of them to be ranked among the top 75 vote getter's.

Here are three YouTube videos taken by SteveKaterberg that present an overview of what ArtPrize was all about.  I especially like the bits of conversation by the viewers he included.  Enjoy!




7 comments:

Helena said...

CONGRATULATIONS for your participation!!!

Heather said...

Have you come back down to Earth yet Nellie? How thrilling to be part of such a wonderful event.

June Calender said...

Congratulations! So wonderful to get to see your audience enjoying your work, talk with some of them and get their reactions. So often artists work in a vacuum and never know what the audience thinks and feels. What a wonderful experience for you.

Kay said...

I hate having missed this! I was sure I'd be able to come up, but it's not been a good three weeks for me. Anyway, I'm glad it was such a wonderful experience for you; top 75 is well deserved. Congratulations.

Kim Hambric said...

Congratulations on being in the top 75. There were some INCREDIBLE works of art in this exhibit!!!

Love that photo of the crowd around "The Lake".

Peter Durand said...

So proud to be related to you, and thrilled to see your piece in progress this summer. I have got to see it in person next year!!

Diane said...

Nellie, I am excited to see the piece hung and trilled for you with your top 75 ranking! Truly an incredible piece of art!