Nellie"s Needles

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Smoky Mountain Quilts

This small quilt of the Smoky Mountains is my contribution to Collage Mania 2009 auction. It will be one of 383 quilts donated to this years Fiber Arts For A Cause to raise money for the American Cancer Society. Pre-auction viewing of all the quilts begins April 29th.
It is donated in memory of a friend who loved these mountains.

Tomorrow this quilt along with the large one I made of this same view, "Our Biosphere Reserve", will be displayed at the Cliff Dweller's Gallery in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I will be there throughout the afternoon demonstrating the collage technique I developed using scraps of fabric.

9 comments:

Heather said...

What a beautiful quilt and for a most worthy cause. I too have recently lost a friend to cancer.

Libby Fife said...

Lucky bidders! It looks wonderful.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

I love the style of your quilts. Just so textural and yet impressionistic. Even on this little one it comes through strongly.

A fabulous donation for a good cause.

Teodo said...

Nellie a great "small quilt" for a great cause.
I live in Italy and I have never seen the Smoky Mountains but thank to you I love the Smoky Mountains.
ciao ciao and enjoy your tomorrow afternoon.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Wish I could be there to see this in person. Beautiful, as always!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I especially love the colors in the foreground.

Merry said...

What a beautiful piece...I hope you do well with the fundraiser.

Debra Dixon said...

Good Luck! Here's to high bids!

McIrish Annie said...

I will be among the bidders for your piece, Nellie. Your work is beautiful and always inspires me.