Nellie"s Needles

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Round Robin Quilts

Between making valentines I added my bit to these two round robbin quilts. They are two of the Thursday Bee's (of Smoky Mountain Quilt Guild) contributions to the small quilt sale that will be part of our quilt show in mid-May.
I wish I had remembered to take photos before I got going with fusing down the fussy cut critters and flowers.
These are from the same print I cut critters for my grandchildren's valentines ... and what prompted me to get this task done. I've passed it onto Gloria along with four fussy cut butterflies that may be applied further out.

I remembered to photograph this one before I couched the confetti-like yarn in the center of the sashings.
I can't wait to see what more gets added to this one by Tone.
Both of these had been worked on by two bee members before I got them. Pat had pieced all the blocks and Patty had assembled them into the two basic quilts.

5 comments:

Shelina said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you Nellie. Both of these look wonderful - they looked finished to me as is, but your extra touches make them so much more beautiful.

Kay said...

So in this Round Robin you embellish on the base instead of adding a border? Or do you have a choice? I like both of these with their spring like colors.

Nellie's Needles said...

Thank you, Shelina.
Kay, our Thurs. Bee is a bit of a renegade group. We may establish guidelines for a multi-member project, but no rules. Most of us are art quilters and know that rules are meant to be broken, so none are made. There's also the element of trust that someone won't add or alter something to "mess it up".

ACey said...

LOVE the colored thread. It is subtle but yet it has a punch that really brings liveliness as well as cohesion.

Teodo said...

Nellie, I like the embellishment you have put in the second quilt, now is bright..........
the first is very nice with these delicare colours.
ciao ciao