Nellie"s Needles

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pay It Forward

The two PIF gifts of art that I owed Karoda and Deb were posted to them last week. The original plan was to send them small collage lake quilts made from cut off trimmings from my ongoing lake series. However, only one lake piece has been made since early October and I didn't want to have to wait until next summer ... maybe even fall ... to fulfill my commitment.

Lakes Series 52.4* ( 8"x6")
I made three mini quilts plus three postcards. They all began in one long piece that was eight inches high the width of my craft table. After the last step of trapping the arranged orts with the tulle netting, I cut it into sections for the those six pieces much to my husband's dismay. He stood there saying, "NO, I want that. It's mine!" But then, he's said that about all 52 lake quilts that I've made. Sorry there's no photo. When I get engrossed or excited I tend to forget to take pictures.

Well, now wouldn't you know that I have gotten myself committed to another PIF. I'm one of the first three to comment on Deb's blog where she has announced her PIF participation. I very much am looking forward to having a bit of her creativity in my life. Sooooo.... be one of the first three to leave a comment for me and you'll get a bit of mine in yours. I have an idea that involves the quilt about which I'm documenting the design process.

*During this series of making 100 larger lake quilts I've made several that are postcard size. I give them decimal point designations to fit them into the numbering system. Since all six of these follow Lake #52 they are numbers 52.1 thru 52.6. Susan Lenz got postcard 52.1 in our exchange.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! My husband has said the same thing for all my quilts. They are all his.I am now making him a post card of a similar one I sent to Susan. If I ever get ahead of myself I would love a trade with you. I really have enjoyed your lake series!

McIrish Annie said...

Nellie, I would be honored to receive something from you. I have totally enjoyed watching how you create and have learned so much.

Teodo said...

Nellie your lakes are always wonderful........
and you always have thousands of brandnew creative ideas.
ciao ciao

LuĂ­sa Silva said...

I have just finish three projects for a PIF assignment but I couldn't resist to sign yours. As McIrish said I will be very honoured to receive something made by you.

Teodo said...

Nellie here it is night.......but I want to tell you that I'm very happy to be the third.
I'm going to receive something by you and this is WONDERFUL (BELLISSIMO)
ciao ciao

Nettie said...

This is beautiful. You have a great sense of color and composition. Makes me want to try art quilts.

Cathie said...

Oh Darn Nelli - I missed out on this one. I do love your lake series quilts. Can you make me one of Lake Erie?? I wonder why no one has ever done one (that I know of - of Lake Erie (LOL) )!!