Nellie"s Needles

Friday, September 28, 2007

MORE Side by Side Lake Pieces

Finally, I've gotten back to the "side by side" larger lake pieces.

Lake #41 - 17"x 14"
Now to decide where it fits with the first two. I constructed it in relationship to the others on the far left.
However, the new piece looks more like the lake at noontime. Usually the winds get calm in the middle of day. Plus, the lake is brighter and more blue with a high sun. Also, the rising sun hits the crests of the waves and the beach in the morning as in the center piece. Consequently, the new one found its place between the first two I made.
I do believe in "listening" to the work "talk"... from its telling when it is finished to this situation of where it belongs in relation to others. I wish there were words to pass onto to you how that works, but it's just a feeling ... an intuition ... a voice in my head that suddenly says "that's enough" or "that's right".

2 comments:

Kay said...

I know exactly what you mean about the feeling when something seems right--although I think some people have a better "voice" than others! These three pieces side by side look wonderful. There's a bit of a time lapse effect.

And by the way, thanks for the Webcam link. It's a calm day there today, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

these look wonderful, they "belong" and definitely "right".