Nellie"s Needles

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Another Purple Lake Piece

I'm not sure of the time or conditions that this purple lake piece represents.

Lake #33
One of my sisters-in-law sent a bag of scraps. One piece was this purple Thai silk. I could hardly wait to make that Lake quilt. There will be more pieces that use this silk. I plan to let the fabric speak more for itself in those.
Here's the piece under construction ... before the quilting.
Here are both purple pieces. The new one and ...#28, the one that represents a moonlit night.

7 comments:

FARBTUPFER said...

Wonderful, these deep blue- royal - colours.

meggie said...

I just love the moonlit night!

p said...

I agree, the moon is really wonderful, you did a great job on that planet!
I like the darker one below that alot..looks like a dark night at sea.

Terri Stegmiller said...

Wow, very lovely, both of them!

arlee said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOO a thunderstorm twilight!!!!!!!!!!

Kay said...

#28 is especially beautiful. I'd agree with the thunderstorm interpretation, I think.

Anonymous said...

The moonlight night piece is lovely. That's what it looks like in my dreams.