Nellie"s Needles

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Quilt Adventure

A wonderfully related adventure about creating a quilt can be followed at this website: Spirit Cloth ... quilting a story. It is the journal of the making of a quilt for the creator's uncle that began October 15th, 2006. Here is a copy of her first posting:

The quest

i have recently experienced a transition where my hobby has become my life. in order to explain this transformation to myself i have set up this blog to record my thought process as i create what i no longer call a quilt but a spirit cloth. my approach is always very scattered and i hope this journal will help me in my quest to understand the nature of my creative thought and the magic it seems to conjure. i am not a good photographer or a writer, but it seems i might be able to communicate something through cloth making. i hope so.

I very much enjoy reading this weblog daily. To be reminded that a quilt and the process of making one can embody our art and soul as well as be embedded with meaning and emotion. The author chooses to keep herself anonymous, but I cannot help but feel I know her through these postings.

*The red highlighted text is a clickable to take you to the link or posting that is being referenced.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, so sweet of you to send readers my way. thank you for taking the time to really understand what i am doing....such a nice review!
jude
ps: i have one of those wooden banana trees too. my brothers imports stuff from bali.

Finn said...

Hi Nellie, hope you aren't getting our blizzard today...it's wicked out there!
I'd love to stop by and visit the mentioned blog. I very much like the idea of spirit cloth. If what you are making doesn't say something(good or bad) about you, it seems like why bother? Thanks for the link! Hugs, Finn

Unknown said...

what a wonderful blog! I love that she calls it spirit cloth. Its a fitting name for what so many of us do with our fabrics.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

What a nice thing to say about another blog. I'm compelled to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

Teodo said...

Thank you very much for your suggestion! I really liked the link you posted!
Sometimes I start thinking of your kitchen and I imagine me being there and having tea with bertha! Ciao, ciao.