Nellie"s Needles

Friday, December 01, 2006

"FrootLoop" Shoe

First, the vegetable shoe. Now, the fruit shoe.
The berries were all cut from a quarter yard of a fruit printed fabric. There were a lot of berries. Enough to make three shoe quilts. One for "Imelda's Dream", one for Alicia's and my friend, and this one that I donated for our guild to sell at the annual quilt show.

"Fuit Footwear"
The dragon flies and ladybugs nestled among the berries came from a different fabric. I decorated these bugs with glitter glue to make them look like jewels adorning the shoes.

All photos are clickable for you to view a larger version in a separate window. Click the back arrow icon of your server to get back to this post. The highlighted text is also clickable to take you to the link or posting that is being referenced.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

taken as a whole the quilt is wonderful. Taken one block at a time it is fantastic! I am loving these food shoes. whimsy gets me everytime!

Roswila said...

Love your quilts! Wonderful! Such a range of topic and style. Have you seen those fabulous Gee's quilt 39cent stamps? I can imagine yours on stamps in the future. :-)