Nellie"s Needles

Friday, May 12, 2006

City Cats

There are a lot of "cat people" out there, so here's a cat quilt that I had made for my daughter-in-law. She and my son have Gizmo, Zuzu, and Spot ... Snatches (click to see quilt featuring her) has gone to kitty heaven.

"City Cats" cuddle quilt size - 1996

My son and daughter-in-law lived in a condo when this was made. So my version of attic windows became windows in a big brick building. Each cat is cuddled in a crazy quilt (made from my scrap bag, of course) in a room with fancy wall paper (decorator fabric samples).

The cats are quilted and have a bit of needle sculpting about their faces.

The quilts are "tied" with embroidery satin stitches done with 3-ply strands of floss.


This is the third quilt I had made from a 1/2 yard of cat fabric. Quite a few blocks in other quilts feature some of them AND I still have cats to go.

1 comment:

Finn said...

Hi Nellie, what a wonderfully happy memory quilt. I love the creativity you put into each individual portrait, as it were. Probably never have cats been so tenderly rendered.*VBS* Really, really fun, original furry friends quilt...I love it..*VBS*