Nellie"s Needles

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

About Me


My medium consist of the techniques and materials tradionally used by women to provide clothing for their families and items for their homes. I utilize many types of stitchery and sewing skills to contruct my pieces from new as well as recycled fabric, threads, and yarns of all kinds. I also use findings, sewing notions, fabric paints and dyes, as well as oil pastels.

Craftsmanship is an important element of my work. However, exploring the interplay of colors, values, textures, materials, and techniques is my passion.

Professionally, I have taught stitchery techniques, as well as color and design, through classes for organizations and needlework shops across the United States and Canada. My work has won recognition in juried, judged, and invitational exhibits.

No comments: